|Required Qualifications: |
• Demonstrated teaching expertise in leadership for social innovation and change and community-based learning in addition to at least one of the following areas: social institutions, social movements, or social processes.
• Successful interdisciplinary experience in one or more of the following areas: leadership for social innovation and change, social institutions, movements, or processes.
• Commitment to civic/community engagement demonstrating experience with human-centered design and systemic engagement (e.g. Collaborative inquiry, emergent design, participatory research).
• Strong potential for teaching excellence.
• A completed PhD in a relevant field.
• Demonstrated research experience and/or academic training in an interdisciplinary field of study such as Community Studies, American Studies, etc.
• Experience with liberal education and integrative learning.
• Demonstrated ability to teach one or more of the following introductory courses: LIB 100 (Reflect, Connect, Engage) and LIB 201 (Diversity in the United States).
• Demonstrated ability or potential to teach one or more of the following advanced courses: LIB 310 (Creativity), LIB 312 (Dialogue), LIB 322 (Wicked Problems of Sustainability), LIB 323 (Design Thinking to Meet Real World Needs), and LIB 342 (Food Matters).
• Ability to teach in both classroom and online environments.
Allendale, Michigan 49401 - (616) 331-5000 For more information about Grand Valley, see our website at www.gvsu.edu
Grand Valley State University is an EOE which includes protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. See http://www.gvsu.edu/affirmative/. TDD Callers: Call Michigan Relay Center 1-800-649-3777.